As part of a group project, we had to produce a small maze game in DirectX 9, from scratch.
My work revolved primarily around setting up a proper graphics architecture for the program, and implementing it using the MVC development pattern. Here is a summary of what I worked on.
- A uniform tesselation algorithm, which was called at startup, and allowed proper lighting of the maze.
- Implementing the MVC pattern.
- A grid structure for the maze, where each square would contain a piece of ground, and between one and four walls, and between one and four corners.
- Loading of a maze configuration file.
- Varying drawing distance and level of detail.
- A small adaptive drone that would scower any maze configuration.
- Collision detection and response with the maze walls.
- Animated textures.
- Art assets.